Friday, 11 March 2011

bongo, bells and books

Birthday Bongo

Birthday Bells

Today's title sums up little one's first birthday nicely. She's very much into rhythmic noises sounds, so that's what we went with for her birthday. I found the bongo drum in a fair trade shop and C LOVED it. She has just started to "dance" to rhythms that she likes and the beat of the drum was an instant hit. Funnily enough she has suddenly taken an intense interest in the sound blocks she has had for a few months now. To feed her fascination with noise I have filled the fridge magnets I got from Ikea aeons ago with pasta and nuts; now when she pulls them off they will be a bit more interesting.

Fridge Magnets

Also, the containers are clear so she will be able to see what is making the noise (cause and effect=very Montessori). Well that's the plan anyway. Here's hoping she likes them. If not, it's back to the drawing board with a beat of a drum.

I can't really sign off this post without posting birthday piccys:

The hand made decorations I spoke about here looked beautiful hanging in our kitchen. I am so pleased with them they are still up!

Birthday decs

The birthday ring.

Birthday Ring

More about the birthday ring can be found on my Flickr page here

No comments:

Post a Comment