Monday, 26 March 2012

Oh me of little faith

If you remember a while back I talked about ordering some bits from America via Bundlebox.  Let's just say the first experience wasn't exactly problem free (another post entirely!) but I did eventually get my goods.

One such purchase was this box from Discount School Supply.  I have to say I was struggling with how I was going to use it (that limited imagination again) until last weekend.  We had some lovely friends over for dinner and they brought with them C's belated birthday pressie: a clock with 12 numbers on round puzzle pieces.  It is a lovely gift (thank you Auntie Jo!) but we did wonder how she would fare with all the pieces being exactly the same size and shape.  We decided it would be fine and fun and she would do the number thing when she was a little bit older.  Then we watched in amazement as C took out all the pieces and put the first couple back in the right places.  Fluke we thought, until she had done all twelve!   

O...K....Little Miss Matching was one step ahead of her old Nan.  Then came a Eureka moment!  The dusty "memory box" I was regretting buying!

At the moment this is her favourite game - after sticking stickers that is.  And you thought it was food on her jumper. 

Lifting the lid.   Some boxes were empty - which only added to the excitement!


We're not worrying about trivial things like upside down numbers :)


2 comments:

  1. I can't tell exactly how the memory box thing works, but it looks very cool. Yes, expect the grandkids to be a step ahead of where you think they should be, always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan, I hid the number circles in the box. Little madam had to lift off the lid; look in the box and match the number if there was on ein it. Not so much memory as a kind of hide and seek :)

    ReplyDelete