Tuesday, 27 March 2012

That magic inch

ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH.  C can now open her bedroom door.


Me: "It's time for your nap now"
C: Trundles off to the bathroom for wees, then hops into bed
Me:  Shuts door and quietly goes into study to take Scrabble go(s) on FB
15 seconds pass.  Door creaks...patter patter patter
C: "Awake"

Repeat. 

AARRGHHHHHHHHHHH.  The question is do we a. lock her in b. hold the handle SuperNanny style c. move the handle up (I have a resident carpenter).  I thought I might try d first - no not bribery (although it did cross my mind) but boundaries.

I did actually tell her a few moments ago - after the 3rd time of trying to get her to take a nap that if she came out of the her bedroom Nanny would put her straight back in bed because she needed to sleep to make her cold better.  So far so good.  I think I need a NannyNap now.


No comments:

Post a Comment