Saturday, 17 March 2012

WeeRide - On yer bike


In preparation for the birthday weekend at CentreParcs and seeing our little one was now a big girl, we considered trading our bike trailer for a bike seat.  I had heard that the rear mounted bike seats can make your bike less stable (in fact I do remember dropping the bike once with my daughter on the back - ooops) so thought we would try the 'progressive' front mounted ones. 

We picked the WeeRide (available from Amazon) because it was slightly more expensive (we believed you get what you pay for) and the company owner seemed to be diligent at answering the negative reviews.

When it arrived, I was so excited.  15 minutes later I was so disappointed.

Safe and snug last year.
Sadly, It is everything the negative reviews said it was: flimsy; poor quality; and made riding our bikes with C incredibly difficult (we would have needed long bow legs and a long neck to see over C!).  Personally at 5"1 ish I also found the leg rests chafed my thighs - and that was with jeans on, so I could forget riding wearing shorts.


Oh well, back to the bike trailer until we can find something else.

UPDATE March 2012 We DID find something else - a GMG bike seat! Love it, love it, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment