Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Hosepipe Ban

Elderflower Delight
Yeah, I know.  How DARE I mention the hosepipe ban when we are all being rained on AGAIN.

Today, for the first time ever, I made some Elderflower Cordial (and Elderflower Delight, like Turkish Delight but with Elderflowers).  My dreams of sipping ice cold cordial on the deck on a balmy summer evening were quickly replaced by the reality of drinking it at the kitchen table with rain pattering on the glass.  Ho hum.  Never mind.

Just because I can, here's a flashback to last week, when it was insufferably hot; and there was a hosepipe ban; and there was a little girl who wanted to play in water; and there was a nanny who didn't fancy taking zillions of trips to fill up the paddling pool with a watering can...


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my. This is the cutest picture ever. We just received word from our water supplier that we can water our yard only twice a week. I guess when it comes to water and weather, things are tough all over.

    ReplyDelete